Tuesday 3 March 2015

Plum Bundt Cake

I know it is not summer.
Not even close.
When you look outside, all you see in snow.
sigh.
I miss summer.

In the summer our plum tree in the backyard yields yellow plums.
And there is so much you can eat.
I came across many plum recipes and I am pretty sure I made almost all of them.
Now since I have the time, I will start posting them.
Eventually the pictures will come with the post.



This recipe is originally from Red Star To Lone Star

I made this cake into a bundt cake because well, I don't know why.
But I did.
The family liked it.
Similar to an Upside Down Pineapple Cake except with plums.
Yum!



Plum Bundt Cake

1/4 cup butter
5 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly-packed
small yellow plums, cut into half (pits removed); enough to decorate the bottom of the bundt pan
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly-packed
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp pure almond extract
1/2 cup milk (2%)

*Preheat oven 350F.
Butter the sides and bottom of the bundt pan.  Set aside.

*In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter, honey and 1/2 cup brown sugar together over medium-heat;
stirring constantly until smooth.
*Pour the sauce into the bottom of the bundt pan.
*Arrange the plums on top of the sauce.

*In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and cardamom (dry ingredients).   Set aside.
*Using a paddle-attachment, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
*Add the eggs and extracts; mix well.
*Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix.
*Add the milk and mix again.
*Add the rest of the dry ingredients; mix until all is incorporated.
*Pour batter over the plums and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and it comes out clean.
*Remove from oven and let the cake sit in the pan for approx. 15-20 minutes.
 *Then invert the cake, to let cool completely onto a cake dish.



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment