Wednesday 11 March 2015

Peanut Butter & Cherry Biscotti

My friend started a page on Facebook that is called Share the Love.
And what she does is, she makes an item (a knitted scarf, a jar of homemade jam, a painting...) and
she gives it away to one of her friends that comments on the picture.
A person is randomly chosen.

I think this is a brilliant idea.
I want to participate too.
Except I can not sew, knit and do anything crafty.
I can bake.
I decide to join her.
I will bake a new cookie each month and give away 6 cookies.
I will post a picture too and let's see who is interested.
My friends join her friends and together we are a team.
:)

These biscotti are one of the posts.

Peanuty goodness.
The dried cherries are plump and flavourful.
Therefore the combination is amazing.
Then we make it into a biscotti.
This is surprisingly good.
My daughter does not like peanut butter, really, really liked the Peanut Butter & Cherry Biscotti.



Original recipe is from Cookistry

I got 2 small logs, which produced approx. 20 small sized biscotti.



Peanut Butter & Cherry Biscotti

1/2 cup butter, room-temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter (I used creamy)
3 large eggs
1/4 cup cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dried cherries, cut in half

*Preheat oven 350F.
Line your baking sheet/pan with either a Sil-Pat mat or parchment paper.  Set aside.
*Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
*Add the peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
Remember to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl after each addition.
*Add the eggs, cornmeal and baking powder; mix.
*Add the flour, 1-cup at-a-time.  Mixing after each addition.
*Add the dried cherries and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
*Shape dough into 2 logs ranging in the same size for even-baking.
*Bake for approx. 30-minutes or until the logs have cracked and look set.
If you insert a skewer in the middle of the log, it will come out clean.
*Remove from oven and logs rest until cool to the touch.  Approx. 15-minutes.

*Using a serrated knife, cut the logs diagonally.
*Place biscotti onto its side, onto the prepared baking sheet/pan and bake for approx. 6-minutes.
*Remove from oven, and turn biscotti over, and bake for an additional 3-minutes.
*Remove from oven, and let cool on a wire-rack



***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter and then omit the salt requested in the recipe.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment