Tuesday 22 January 2013

Oreo Krispie Treats

Okay, so I am addicted to Pinterest (Regina Biscotti is not on yet) and I came across a recipe similar to this but when I went to go find the recipe to make I couldn't find it.  Therefore after much frustration I googled Oreo Krispie Treats and this recipe popped up.  It looked very familiar, so I picked this to make.

Very easy to make. 

The problem with this recipe is that it asks for Oreos.
I purchase Oreos, open the package and by the time I go to use the Oreos there are no more in the package.  Someone has eaten them all.  I try hiding the Oreos but that doesn't work either.
   This time around I made this treat before the kids came home from school.
Well....the recipe asked for 20 cookies.......let's just say by the time I went to make the treats...
I only had 18 Oreos to use.  And that is how many I used. 
I am sure you all have more self-control than me.

In the original post, it tells you about storage. 
Between my kids, their friends, and me bringing some to work....I had none left.
Okay...I had some too.  But they were pretty good.  :)

http://www.glorioustreats.com/2012/02/cookies-and-cream-rice-krispies-treats.html



Oreo Krispie Treats

6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
20 Oreos, chopped up in varies pieces
5 cups marshmallows (I used regular size)
5 Tbsps butter + more for greasing.

*Rub butter along the sides and bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish; set aside.
*Rub your utensils and the sides and bottom of pot with butter as well. 
This way they don't stick and easy to clean later. (You could use cooking spray  instead of the butter).
*Put the cereal in a large bowl; set aside.
*Chop up your Oreos in varies pieces.
*Add Oreos to the cereal and stir to combine.
*Place a large pot on the stove and on medium-heat, add your butter and marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows have melted.
*Once marshmallows have melted, remove from heat, and add in the cereal/Oreo and mix to combine.
*When everything is combined, spread mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
*Using a rubber spatula to press the mixture around the dish.  Flatten if needed.

*Now here comes one of the hard parts....let cool before cutting into squares.
(the other hard part was not eating the Oreos before getting started).

Enjoy!
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment