Wednesday 30 January 2013

Cookies and Cream Cookies

There has been a lot of talk or blogging about some people taking ideas and pictures away from the original person who blogged about the recipe or pictures in the 1st place.

Now you all know that I don't come up with these fabulous recipes and I am definitely not stealing the pics and saying their my own.  (you can tell mine look amateurish).

I always give credit where credit is due. 
I post the site where the recipe originally came from before I post my pictures and the recipe.
I sometimes make changes to the recipe and sometimes I follow exactly what it states to do.

There is a lot of work in having a blog.  Baking, decorating, prepping, pictures and posting.
I never thought it was going to be like this.
I am excited. 
I know I have a LOOONG way to go before I am anywhere close to their calabour....and I don't see any reason why you would want to take away anyones' glory.

That is my rant for today.


 *Now on with my story...

Awhile back,early last year, I came across a recipe for Cookies and Cream cookies
(AKA Oreo Cookies).
What they were, were cookies with crushed Oreos in them.

My children were horrified at just the thought of doing something else besides eating Oreos.

The Oreo is the perfect cookie.
Some would say the ultimate cookie.

Actually Oreos are one of many favourite cookies.
The cookie base is yum and the frosting is yummier. Yes, I guess...perfect.

When I first baked the Cookies and Cream recipe, I didn't receive great reviews.
The kids were right, I shouldn't have done it and should have left the perfect cookie alone.

Fast forward, two weeks ago when I decided I would attempt the recipe again.
I found a new recipe (see below for the link), and I liked this cookie much better.
My kids did too BUT they told me to lay off the Oreo. The perfect cookie was perfect for a reason.

http://kirbiecravings.com/2012/09/soft-cookies-and-cream-cookies.html

As I said before I have a problem when purchasing Oreos.
I eat them.
The package has more than 20.
The recipe calls for 20 Oreos.
I add 18 Oreos to the recipe.
As you can see, there is a problem with having Oreos at my house.






Cookies and Cream Cookies

2  1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs, large
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
18 Oreos

*Preheat oven 350F.
Line cookie sheets/pans with either parchment paper or Sil-Pat mat (I use this).
*In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
*In a large bowl, beat the butter, and both sugars until fluffy and light.
*Add the pudding mix, and beat again until blended.
*Beat in eggs, one-at-a-time.  Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
*Add the vanilla.
*Mix in the flour mixture, mix on low-speed until all is combined.
*Still on low-speed, add the Oreos.
Let the mixer crush the Oreos until there into small pieces and mixed into the dough.
(I chopped approx. 10 Oreos by hand and the rest I let the mixer crush them).
*Make 1-inch balls (roll by hand) and place on prepared cookie sheet/pan.
*Press down on the balls, space 1-inch apart.  The cookies don't spread.
*Bake for approx. 10-minutes or until edges are golden.
*Let cool on baking sheet/pan for approx. 1-minute before removing to place on wire-racks.


***Please Note:   I always use Salted Butter.
You should do what you feel is best.

Enjoy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment