Monday 10 December 2012

Cornmeal Waffles

I love Sundays because things are laid-back and we have big breakfasts.  More like brunch.
11am.  That is when we sit down and have breakfasts on Sundays.
The odd time we have scrambled eggs and bacon; but pretty much all the time we have either pancakes or belgium-waffles.

I LOVE this recipe.  It has texture because of the cornmeal.  It is also good when you add fruit to the mix as well.  We usually leave it plain and have our add-ons on top.  :)

Not sure where or how I came across this recipe.  I know, that my family is glad that I did.
We do double the recipe when making and this yields 10 belgium-waffles.

Please Note:   Needed to make waffles is a waffle-iron.

http://butterfloureggs.com/recipes/cornmeal-waffles/




Cornmeal Waffles

1  1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow-cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk (I was low on milk, therefore I used 1-cup milk and 1-cup water)
6 Tbsp canola oil
2 large eggs
2 large egg-yolks
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch each of: ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg

*I place all ingredients in a large bowl and then mix until combined.
Some small lumps are okay.  Don't over-mix.
*Allow the batter to stand for 5-minutes before baking in a waffle iron.
*Please follow your waffle-iron's manufacture instructions.

Let me know how your turn out.
Enjoy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment