Thursday 29 November 2012

Yummy Brownies

I really don't like brownies. 
I LOVE chocolate...but brownies?  No.
Chocolate cake?  No.
Chocolate ice-cream?  It is okay; I guess...but it needs nuts and caramel in it to make it yummy.
All chocolate cookies?  Sometimes, it depends.  On what?  My mood, the occasion, the cookie.

So, if I don't like brownies, why did I make them?
Well...at was at my friend's house and her husband says to me, he has never seen me bake brownies.
I told him I don't because 1--I don't like brownies and 2--my husband doesn't like chocolate.
He nearly fell over the chair.
After that, I wanted to make brownies.

Now I have a confession, I have made brownies once before.  It was a Good Housekeeping recipe.
I liked it.  My kids loved it.  I just never, made them again.  I forgot about making brownies and went on to making other yummy baked goods.

Okay, I need a brownie recipe...where to go, where to go....I know! 
http://foodgawker.com/

I find this brownie recipe, and I think, I am going to love this!
I wanted to reach in the computer and grab the brownie and have it for myself.  Are you like that too?
You see something on TV and want to reach in and grab it?  Now you understand.

The thing with Food Gawker is you get to see these amazing blogs, pictures, creations and stories and you want to do it too.

See below for the original recipe.  I changed it a slight bit.

http://pinchofyum.com/best-ever-brownies


Yummy Brownies

1-package Duncan Hines Brownie Mix
1-handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup water
13 Oreo cookies

*Grease a square baking pan (mine is 9x4 glass baking pan).
*Preheat oven to 325F.
*Prepare the brownie mix as directed with the egg, oil and water.
*Coarsely crush the Oreos, leave some pretty big. (I placed mine in a Zip-Log bag and banged them on my kitchen counters).
*Pour them into the batter and mix well. (Batter will be thick).
*Pour batter into the greased baking pan.
*Bake for 30-40 minutes.  (check doneness by inserting a knife into the brownies. Clean?  Take it out.)
** You could sprinkle the crushed Oreos and a few of the chocolate chips on top.
*Let it cool.



This is a simple, fast and yummy recipe.

My friend's and her husband, never got to try the brownies.
BUT my co-workers did, and they loved them!!!!!!
Enjoy!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment