Monday 15 October 2012

Raspberry Muffins

I had purchased a huge amount of raspberries and after making Lemon Raspberry Whoopie Pie cookies and using the raspberries on top of the waffles; I still had plenty left over.  We ate quite a few on there own and we (the girls and I) decided to make muffins.

I don't remember how I came across this recipe.  I am always checking for new recipes and blogs.
This recipe is great!  Moist, yummy and great reviews.

http://www.letsdishrecipes.com/2011/10/raspberry-cream-muffins.html

* I omitted the chocolate chips required in the recipe.  I loved them plain.
* I mashed the fresh raspberries with a fork.  This is what gave them a speckled-look.



Raspberry Muffins

1 cup raspberry puree
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tsp pure almond extract
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2  1/4 cup flour
3 tsp baking flour
1 cup cream (I used 35% whipping cream)

*Preheat oven 375F.
*In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
*In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
*Beat in egg and extracts.
*Combine the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
*Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture; mix until combined.
*Carefully stir in the raspberry puree/mixture.
*Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
*Bake for approx. 25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.



***Please Note:  I omitted the salt in the recipe because I used Salted Butter instead.
You should do what you feel is best.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment