Tuesday 2 October 2012

Orange Creamsicle cookies

I go through stages where I want to bring in something different.  I sometimes take my cookies to work or to friends and have them taste and review the cookies.  Also, the family samples the cookies and tell me their views.
Anyways, I search the web to find something different.  Usually the "different" is different tastes, or ingredients. 

When I came across this recipe, some liked it and others didn't. 
Personally?  I liked them.
Did they taste like orange creamsicle?  A bit.  They needed to be tweeked a bit more. 
I will put my suggestions in the brackets and you try them and you let me know.   :)

Thank you to "The Cooking Photographer" for the easy and yummy recipe.
Her pictures, I know are better than mine. 

http://www.thecookingphotographer.com/2010/05/orange-creamsicle-cookies.html

** I made a few changes and will be making more the next time I make them again.



Orange Creamsicle cookies

1 cup salted butter, softened, but not melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp pure orange extract
2 Tbsp fresh orange zest (more zest should be used.  My suggestion is 3  1/2 Tbsp)
3/4 tsp baking soda
2  1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white chocolate chips

* Preheat oven 375F.  Line cookies sheets with Sil-Pat or parchment paper.
*Cream the butter and sugars together. 
*Add egg, extracts, zest and beat to combine.
*Add baking soda and just mix in.
*Add flour, and mix until just combined. 
*Add white chocolate chips and mix on low to stir in.
*Drop the dough on to the Sil-Pat 1  1/2 inches apart.
*Bake for 7 minutes or until very lightly golden around the edges.
*Let rest on cookie sheet for a few minutes and move to cooling rack to finish cooling.

*These cookies freeze well.



**Please Note: I use Salted Butter and omit the salt.

**Butter is to be soft.  This means when your finger is pressed down on the butter, your finger will leave an indent.  IF your finger cuts through the butter, then the butter is too soft.  Not good.


No comments:

Post a Comment