Tuesday 2 October 2012

Nutella cookies

If there is one thing that is a staple in our house...it is Nutella.

Nutella brings a flood of memories, good ones.  Eating Nutella when I was a kid on summer vacation in Italy, sneaking some with a spoon, and some more. 
As I got older, I still eat Nutella except now it is not just bread.  My kids eat Nutella with their crepes, waffles, pancakes, crackers, fruit and I think you understand the love we have for the stuff. 
The only person who doesn't eat it, is my husband, he doesn't like chocolate
(I know..is that even possible???!!!)

One day I thought to myself...what if we bake with Nutella? 
This brought on a debate in my house.
My kids said no...that would be a waste of a good thing.  I thought, let's try. 
They were not convinced until I let them sample this yummy recipe.



After much searching, I decided on this amazing recipe by  "The Nerd's Wife."
These were easy and so, very, good!

http://thenerdswife.com/2011/02/nutella-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

I changed the recipe a bit.

Nutella cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1  1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

*Preheat oven 375F
*Whisk together the flour, baking soda and set aside.
*Cream the butter, sugars with an electric mixer.
*Add the eggs and vanilla. 
*Mix well.
*Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter, mixing well.
*Add the Nutella and mix briefly.  Make sure the Nutella is throughout the dough.
*Stir in the chocolate chips.
*Drop the dough by the teaspoon onto a baking sheet. Use Sil-Pat on the baking sheets. 
You can use parchment paper.
*Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies have just started to turn brown.
*Allow to cool for 2-minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

**My cookies never had a chance to completely cool because the kids ate them before they had a chance.  Therefore, I am unsure how much the cookie recipe yielded.   


**Please Note: I used Salted butter and then the salt was omitted in the recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment