Tuesday 16 October 2012

Lemon Raspberry Whoopie Pie Cookies

Okay, I came across this recipe via the Martha Stewart website.  (surprise, surprise).
I was looking to bake a Whoopie Pie cookie but not sure of what flavour. 
I wanted something summery and impressive.  I was going to my friend's house for dinner and their home looks like I am stepping into Martha Stewart's house.  I love going over and getting pampered.
It is quite the opposite when family and friends come to my house.  I have the attitude of, 'my house, is your house' therefore make yourself at home and get it yourself. 

Anyways, back to the Whoopie Pie cookie. 
The oooh, la,la cookie was the Lemon Raspberry Whoopie Pie.
Let me tell you, we were not disappointed.  The cake was lemony and the raspberry filling was what sent it over the top.  The cookie is elegant and wow!  Probably the best Whoopie Pie cookie I have made to date.

http://www.marthastewart.com/318802/raspberry-lemon-whoopie-pies



Lemon Raspberry Whoopie Pie Cookies

Cookie:   1/2 cup butter, room temperature
                1 cup light-brown sugar
                1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
                1 tsp pure vanilla extract
                1 large egg
                2  1/4 cup all-purpose flour
                3/4 tsp baking powder
                1/4 tsp baking soda
                1 cup milk

*Preheat oven 350F.
*In a large bowl, beat butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and lemon zest until light and creamy.
*Add vanilla and egg.
*Beat to combine, scraping down bowl when needed.
*In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
*With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture in 3-additions; alternating with milk and ending with the flour mixture.
*Remember to scrape bowl when needed.
*Beat well to combine.
*Drop batter using either a Tablespoon or pipe the batter onto a Sil-Pat or parchment paper onto the baking sheets/pans.
*Bake until puffed and pale around the edges (approx 15 mins).
*Remove from oven and let cookies cool completley on wire racks.

Filling:   3 Tbsp light-brown sugar
               3/4 cup heavy cream (I used 35% cream)
               1 cup fresh raspberries (4-ounces)

*In a large bowl, whip cream and brown sugar to soft peaks.
*In a small bowl, mash raspberries with a fork.
*Then fold into whipped cream.


Assemble:  
*Divide raspberry filling evenly among bottoms of half the cookie, using  either a Tablespoon or pipe the filling.
*Sandwich with remaining cookie.

:)


                  

No comments:

Post a Comment