Monday 22 October 2012

Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies

I had an abundance of blueberries. 
This is a fruit we go crazy with in the summer. 
We use blueberries for baking muffins, cake, cookies, on top of ice-cream, and waffles/pancakes.
(I know I am posting this recipe now in October and talking about summer. 
Fall and summer are two different seasons, I know.  I didn't have the blog in the summer.

This recipe is great!  And needs to be placed on my blog.
Not sure how I came across this recipe.  I am so glad that I did.
I received great reviews, looks amazing, moist and yummy taste.
Thank you to the blog below. 

http://hotpolkadot.com/2011/08/18/its-12am-do-you-know-where-your-cookies-are/



Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies

1 cup butter, room temperature (I used Salted Butter, therefore I omitted the salt)
1 cup granulated sugar
lemon zest, 1 lemon
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
1 cup blueberries
***1/2 pkg (8-ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1-tsp cubes.

*Preheat to 350F. (always use the center rack).
*Line your baking sheets/pans with Sil-Pat or with parchment paper.  Set aside.
*In a large bowl, with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy.
*Blend in the zest, juice and eggs.
*Make sure you scrape off the sides of the bowl.
*In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, baking powder (salt, if using) and flour.
*Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
*Gently, fold the blueberries (I have used both fresh and frozen, both work, but I prefer the fresh).
*Refrigerate the dough approx. 20 mins. to make sure it is stiff enough to roll.

Assemble: Using 1-heaping-Tbsp of dough, I flattened it and then I placed the 1-tsp cube of cream    cheese in the center and formed the dough around it, creating a ball.

*Bake for approx. 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden.
*Remove and cool on a wire-rack.

Yum!
:)






No comments:

Post a Comment