Wednesday 12 September 2012

Lemon Madeleines

When I start a making a particular recipe or cookie, I bake it until I have had enough.
I am unsure IF I have had enough of the Madeleines but I can tell you that after this, I am taking a break.  I want to try other things too.

I had made these Lemon Madeleines to bring for a friend, thinking she will probably like them.
Well....she loved them.  They are light, tasty, and the lemon is not over powering.
I will probably make these again.

**Please Note: In order to make Madeleines, a scallop-molded pan must be used.

Once again, I used a Martha Stewart recipe.  Why stray from a good thing?

***This time when the recipe asked for unsalted butter, I used salted butter and then omited the salt.
You should do what you feel is best when baking. 

http://www.marthastewart.com/341274/lemon-madeleines



Lemon Madeleines

3/4 cup unsalted butter ( 1  1/2 sticks) melted, + more for pans
1  1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp coarse salt
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsps finely grated lemon zest
2 Tbsps fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)

*Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
*Butter two madeleine pans; set aside.  (I used one, just reused and rebuttered the pans).
*Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl; set aside.
*Put eggs, egg yolks, granulated sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest and juice in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
*Mix on medium-high speed until pale and thickened, about 5 minutes.
*Mix in butter.
*Using a spatula, fold flour mixture into egg mixture.
***Let rest 30 minutes.***
*Pour batter into buttered pans, filling the molds 3/4 full.
*Bake cookies, rotating pans halfway through, until edges are crisp and golden, 7 to 8 minutes.
*Let cookies cool slightly in pans on wire racks.
*Invert, and unmold.
**Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment